In the past, a combination of physical time clocks, telephone applications and even manual paper-based processes were used by employee’s located offsite and by staff working different shifts for logging time or accomplishing employee self-service activities. This increased complexity has given organizations a reason to find a solution that will help improve their workflow. With the increasing use of mobile devices and mobile applications, there has been a demand of mobile workforce openings for small and medium-sized businesses as they rely more and more on their fieldworkers to help them meet the day-to-day challenges and their customer’s ever-changing needs. Mobile Workforce Management is no longer discretional or confined to a handful of employee groups or those who work remotely, it’s expected, and all employees can benefit. For these reasons, Mobile Workforce Management (MWM) gained significant traction. Mobile Workforce Management solutions provide some of the quickest benefits like:
- Organizational Productivity: Mobile Workforce Management allows organizations to gain visibility of their employees’ activities and workflow by improving efficiency with clocked time entry, time spent on labor distribution, timesheet reviews, edits and submissions. It provides highly flexible scheduling engine.
- Employee Satisfaction: Employees expect to be compensated for the hours they worked, and expect that each figure characterized on their paycheck is correct. MWM offers transparency that elevates customer satisfaction.
- Improved Service Offerings: MWM helps improve an organizations service offering and enables easy assignments to third-party contractors to exactly where and when they’re needed. It improves the ease of collaborating with them with the use of contractor management tools and enables faster turnaround on service requests.
- Seamless offline capabilities
- Instant feedback
- Reduced complexity and risk
- Reduced operating cost
- Improved productivity
- Speed and efficiency